Taylor replied to a fan on 8.31.14 on Instagram.
The True Trayvon Martin
- He didn’t eat pork bc his father didn’t. Once his uncle fixed pork chops; they smelled so good,he called them “beef chops” & ate 1. #Trayvon
- He was passionate about aviation. #Trayvon
- When he volunteered at a soup kitchen for. The first time, he was astounded by the US hunger crisis. #Trayvon
- He loved his little cousins birthday parties. Even as a teen, he wasn’t too cool for Chuck E. Cheese. #Trayvon
- He was modest about saving his father from dying in a house fire. His father called him his best friend bc of it. #Trayvon
- Hoodies made *him* feel safe. Like so many teens (and adults), he wore them as a protective shell, a security garment. #Trayvon
- He called his dad, “My ol’ boy.” Lord, how he loved his dad. #Trayvon
- When folks wanted to tease him, they said, “Boy, you too skinny to take a breath.” And he’d just smile. #Trayvon
- If he wanted to hang out with his cousins and they had chores, he helped so they could finish faster. #Trayvon
- His uncle said they never had to ask him to do something twice. #Trayvon
- At 17, he was still into BMX bikes. He could cat-walk wheelie. #Trayvon
- The tattoo on his wrist read, “Sybrina.” #Trayvon
- The tattoo on his chest read, “Cora” — his grandmother’s name. #Trayvon
- I’m going to stop here. But just claim one of these memories I tweeted. Carry part of this boy with you, write him on your heart. #Trayvon
- Write the beautiful details of all the black children you meet on your heart. That’s where they’ll be safest. #Trayvon
- I feel like this stuff is important. #Trayvon
All facts about Trayvon are from this Esquire article.
I will never forget Trayvon. Never.
You know that commercial where the elderly people think candy crush is hitting candy with a hammer and # is ‘hashbrown’? ME.
never skip leg day
The “Shake It Off” singer, 24, will be joining the upcoming seventh season of the NBC competition show as an advisor. A source tells Us that Swift will serve in the same capacity that Coldplay singer Chris Martin aided the show in its sixth season, advising contestants across all four teams.
Swift will be working with veterans Adam Levine and Blake Shelton, as well as new coaches Gwen Stefani and Pharrell Williams, who were added to the lineup for the upcoming season.
"Taylor was an absolute pleasure to work with," a source tells Us of Swift’s contribution to The Voice. “She had great feedback for all the contestants. She made for an amazing mentor.”
Swift, who previously performed on the fourth season of The Voice, joins previously announced advisors Stevie Wonder (who is working with Levine), Gavin Rossdale (working with his wife Stefani), Little Big Town (working with Shelton), and Alicia Keys (working with Williams).
The next season of The Voice kicks off on Sept. 22, one month before the scheduled release of Swift’s upcoming fifth studio album 1989. Led by the hit single “Shake It Off,” 1989 will hit stores on Oct. 27. (x)